First of all, I have to thank Teresa Dawes and Charlotte O’Bryan for leading this grant process from the very beginning. These two ladies deserve all of the credit in the world for their dedication to this process and they should be commended for their efforts. Both of them would also tell you that they had a lot of help along the way and we want to recognize some of them at this time.
- Estill County Central Office Personnel
- Carhartt, Citizens & Guarantee Bank, Marcum and Wallace, Our Original Community Partners
- President Akakpo, Bluegrass Community and Technical College
- EKU and Morehead State University
- All local businesses, individuals and organizations that provided support
- Joe Crawford, EDA and Estill County Chamber
- Jeff Speaks, JBS Communications
- Bertha Partin and Pam Farmer, EDA
- Jim Codell, Codell Construction
- Peter Fisher and Ron Murrell, Ross Tarrant Architects
- Governor Matt Bevin
- State Senators Albert Robinson and Robert Stivers
- State Representatives “Bam” Carney, David Hale and Cluster Howard
- Congressman Andy Barr
- Senator Mitch McConnell
After a quick review by EDA Staff, this project will go to bid during August and construction is slated to begin September 15th of 2019. We anticipate a sixteen month construction schedule and we hope to open the facility during the Spring semester of 2021.
The Moment we’ve been waiting for is finally here! This community has talked about this facility for a number of years and this dream is now becoming a reality. What a great time to be an Engineer!
Jeff Saylor, Superintendent
Estill County Schools